No, basa fish is not high in mercury! Enjoy with your favorite ice cold beverage. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over fish. Basa fillets make for a lovely quick lunch or dinner. Back to Sweet Dijon Basa Swai Fish (or a fish of your choice). Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Now, heat olive oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions until they turn golden brown. I really have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t get swept away by a rip!! How To Make Pan Fried Basa Fillet Recipe – Step By Step. This is a very good and flexible starting point for your own swai recipe. Chinese Pan Fried Fish with Soy Sauce. :) 1. Directions Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Reserve. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. I felt it was sweet and would serve it with brown rice next time for a good flavor blend. If I were to make it again I would decrease the honey by half. Add fillets and gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes. 3 ripe red tomatoes, diced 7. My kids and I loved this recipe! Buen Apetito! Fold Basa in the mixture and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate. They bake simply, without any adornments and so don’t need any prep time at all. Followed the recipe exactly although I cooked it on the BBQ oin med heat, just above the gas. egg yolks, peeled prawns, butter, milk, potatoes, spring onions and 6 more. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper. bring about 2 inches of water to a boil. The Mediterranean zest with a hedge over the mercury level makes this a super dish. I like to do this step in the morning, and leave the fish in the refrigerator until I’m ready to finish dinner in the afternoon. Combine spices and salt, and sprinkle spice mix to coat the fillets … I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Creole sauce is great for topping meats mostly seafood, for some reason it pairs really well with fish. Yup, just throw it all in one pan, bake it, and you end up with a tender juicy fish in a creamy lemon sauce. Yup and this hidden treasure is the most delicious, tender, fish I have ever had. It goes well with all fish recipes and is a great substitute for expensive fish. Place each fish fillet on separate pieces of aluminum foil. Fry Basa fillets carefully for 2 minutes. 1 tablespoon garlic, sliced thin. Make an impressive dish in less than 20 minutes! How to prepare fish fillets so they will be crispy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. We all have those days. 20 min. Slice mushrooms or cut button mushrooms into halves. Glad I did bkz it's still sweet. Great recipe for swai! Turned out perfectly! 100 ml Olive oil 50 ml balsamic vinegar 1tsp paprika Sea salt Pepper 1/2 onion sliced 1/2 cup antipasto sliced - olives, peppers, garlic Carrots optional Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 4 servings. It’s an effortless 15 minute recipe one pan recipe where fish is baked with a creamy lemon sauce. Heat half of a grill to high. SEAFOOD SPAGHETTI Vincenzo's Plate. Start by drying the basa fillets with a paper towel or tea towel (Image 1). The only thing I change is instead of Dijon mustard I use honey mustard. Pat fish dry using paper towels. Can't wait to try again. And delicious but next time I will double the drizzle ingredients for more sauce. Soya sauce – 1/4 cup. Chop the basa fillets in bite sized pieces, and place them in a bowl. N x. Delicate Basa fish fillets are cooked to perfection and then topped with a lemony brown butter sauce! Creole sauce is great for topping meats mostly seafood, for some reason it pairs really well with fish. Babette’s fiery sauce: 6. i loved the taste. Brush reserved sauce onto fillets. You can also substitute for other firm fish fillet like cod, halibut, or red snapper. Pat dry each fish fillet with really well. Fish Pies With Smoked Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC Good Food. Sounds great. This has become one of our favorite dinners! Pour in the … I bought 2 Basa fillets this evening on special 30% off but didn’t know how I would cook it so I went online & fortunately your’s was the first I found. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. One reason I like making this recipe is that the basa fillets are baked in the oven, not pan-fried. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Basa fillets make for a lovely quick lunch or dinner. Required fields are marked *. You can always just take it off though! Arrange fish fillets on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and season to taste. Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoon. Basa fillets … Firstly, prepare all ingredients: fish, butter, sweet paprika, dried basil, salt and lemon. Number of serving: 2. a libra of basa fish. https://www.recipetineats.com/baked-fish-with-lemon-cream-sauce salt, salt, black pepper, olive oil, curry powder, fresh lemon juice and 7 more. I describe it as kind of light and fresh, yet a bit creamy. The fish looked unappetizing and pale. Turned out perfectly! This is a very good and flexible starting point for your own swai recipe. Vegetable/olive oil – to pan fry the fish. However, this came out a little bit sweet for my tastes, so I used about a tablespoon of soy sauce, paprika, and some cumin seeds. This recipe is very easy and quick. Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave proof jug or bowl. Pour lemon juice and melted butter over fish. I asked her for the recipe and permission to share here and she’s gracious enough to agree. Drizzle honey sauce over each fish fillet. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately. I served my sauce with grilled Basa fillet and quinoa. Ingredients. Perfectly cooked. Basa fillet – 2 fillets. Tag me on Instagram at. Notes on the pan: i had to open up the foil and cook for 15 more minutes. The Best Fish Fillet With White Sauce Recipes on Yummly | Father’s Day Meal -baked Fish Fillet Prepared In Less Than 30 Minutes, Basa White Fish Fillet, Fish Fillet With Creamy White Sauce In … Tender, juicy fish with a creamy lemon sauce. This main dish recipe can be served with steamed rice or fresh salad. basa fillets, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, cashew nuts, pak choi and 2 more. While the basa fillets bake, you make your sauce. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 15 min. It’s the sort of recipe you can make no matter how hectic your household is, or on a lazy Sunday night because it’s this easy: And out comes this – tender baked fish fillets with a beautiful lemon cream sauce that’s perfect with fish! Direction: Cut fish into 2 inch squares. firm fish fillet like cod. Freshly milled black pepper, to season 4. basa fillets, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, cashew nuts, pak choi and 2 more. See more ideas about basa fish recipes, fish recipes, fish dinner. This recipe is one of my favourite ways to whip up a delicious fish dinner on a whim! The color speaks sunshine in itself. 菱 Ingredients. egg yolks, peeled prawns, butter, milk, potatoes, spring onions and 6 more. Add fillets and gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes. ½ tsp roasted cumin powder 5. ), I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Method: Take a bowl and add soya sauce,honey, chilli sauce,teriyaki sauce and ginger garlic paste and mix well till all the ingredients are mixed together. The sauce is especially delish because the juices of the fish mingles in with it while it’s baking. Thanks. i'm not sure why mine came out so watery. Basa Fillets in Tomato Sauce AllRecipes Australia long grain white rice, garlic, chicken stock powder, garlic, one of the most common white fish available in the United States Place the fish in the refrigerator, and leave it to marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to several hours. One reason I like making this recipe is that the basa fillets are baked in the oven, not pan-fried. In large skillet vegetable stock and kitchen bouquet ;heat to boiling. Amount is based on available nutrient data. On April 7, 2018 April 6, 2018 By mencanmakehomes In quick and easy recipes, Urban Cooking. Aug 24, 2015 - Spicy Basa Fillet is an easy seafood dish recipe in less than 40 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook for about 8 minutes, until the fish flakes. Ingredients. Served with rice. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. It will start changing colour to white on the sides. Set aside. 1 cup flour. Butter for frying the fish and to cook the sauce. 5 -6 Basa fillets thawed. Delicate Basa fish fillets are cooked to perfection and then topped with a lemony brown butter sauce! Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Take out and keep … NEW NOTE: Made again with only 1/8 cup of honey and 1 T of olive oil. Deselect All. Add the fish fillets, and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Ingredients: For the fish: 1. So I like to either have a flavoured crumb, like I do for my other Emergency Fish recipe, Parmesan Crusted Fish (10 minutes, no messy dredging!) Heat the corn oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Combine the rice, water and bouillon in a sauce pan, Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. 1 . Main Dish. To finish the cooking process, turn the fish over to the other side and cook for 2 minutes. Salt, chilli flakes, pepper, and pinch of meat masala (optional). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. But that’s what makes this dish stand out. basa fillets. Basa fillets are very cheap to buy and tastes as good as cod/hadock. But, can I make this with Walleye that has the skin on? Dredge fish in flour. Originally published October 2016, updated with much needed new photos, brand new video and updated writing. But once it’s baked and the fish juices mix in with it, it transforms into an incredible sauce. Make an impressive dish in less than 20 minutes! I didn't wrap the fish in foil, I just placed the fish in a glass baking dish and covered with the sauce. It’s a simple sauce which actually tastes pretty unimpressive when you first mix it up. Tap the excess flour off the fish. Add the onions and 1 clove of garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. 3 gloves of garlic and 1 green chilli, very finely chopped. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 13 mins exactly. https://www.recipetineats.com/baked-fish-with-lemon-cream-sauce Dinner made real easy: this Baked Fish recipe comes with a Lemon Cream Sauce and is made in ONE baking dish! Will be making it again. … Add soya sauce, salt and pepper and corn Starch. Carefully turn fillets over and gently simmer for another 2 … If you really want to thicken the sauce, just take the fish out of the baking dish and return the pan to the oven for a few minutes (it will thicken quickly so keep an eye on it! Fish fillet with mandarin orange Sauce is a kind of a signature dish of my sister-in-law; she’s known for it amongst her friends and relatives-whenever they’re having guests for dinner, this is always present on the table. (Recipe: Mocambo Cafe) … The recipe name implies that the sauce is rich but actually, it is not! Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoon. or. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is thickening. Carefully turn fillets over and gently simmer for another 2 minutes. Browning the butter makes it ‘nutty’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious! Reduce the heat to a bubble and slip the basa fillets into the sauce. Ensure the oil is very hot, then place your sea bass fillet skin down in the pan for 3 minutes. Browning the butter makes it ‘nutty’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious! A typical Indian kitchen would hardly ever cook fresh juice. Place the fish fillet in the pan, spoon a little tomato sauce over them and let simmer gently for about 5 minutes. 4 (about 1.5 lbs) Basa fillet or any other white fish 2 Tbsp. Add to List. Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon. Your email address will not be published. Salt. It’s basically like making a sauce with real homemade fish stock – just like fine dining restaurants do! Learn how to cook great Pan-fried basa fillets . This sounds perfect. Honey – 1/4 cup. halibut. You saved Sweet Dijon Basa Swai Fish (or a fish of your choice) to your. RECIPE Ingredients: 2 basa fillets 4 tbspn melted butter 4 cloves of garlic, crushed 1 tbspn paprika Salt to taste 1 tspn parsley 1/4 cup green onions chopped up and set aside as garnish Direction… Basa Fish RecipesSeafood RecipesIndian Food RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesVegetarian RecipesHealthy RecipesPrawn RecipesSeafood Dishes If the idea of baked fish conjures up the words pale, colourless and bland, then this one’s going to be a game changer for you!! – Nagi x. Hungry for more? Add garlic, dill, fish stock along with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and sugar till the sauce … All you need to do is to pre-heat your oven. This recipe will work for most fish, but is especially great for white fish fillets. Method: Take a bowl and add soya sauce,honey, chilli sauce,teriyaki sauce and ginger garlic paste and mix well till all the ingredients are mixed together. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. grated Parmesan cheese 3/4 cup all purpose flour- for the dredge. Serve with plain new potatoes and fresh buttered vegetables. Teriyaki sauce – 2 teaspoon. Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). I served my sauce with grilled Basa fillet … Its sweet and tangy and just down right delicious. Meanwhile, in a large pot. Place the Red & Yellow Pepper Wedges on a baking tray & spray with low calorie cooking spray. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This Continental recipe can be made with simple and basic kitchen ingredients. A really fantastic way to make baked fish – it’s so, so good! Wash Basa fillets throughly ( be careful not to break) Beat eggs. This step is super important, especially if you use thawed frozen fish… Place each fish fillet on separate pieces of aluminum foil. Drizzle honey sauce over each fish fillet. Add the tomatoes, sugar, thyme and soy sauce. This Basa Fish Fillet with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce recipe is easy enough to whip up on a weeknight and impressive enough to serve for a special dinner! Sweet Dijon Basa Swai Fish (or a fish of your choice), Congrats! It makes the fish so light and sweet. 1/4 … The soft and chunky basa fillet with a zest and tangy sauce creates the best flavours and leaves one begging for more. Ingredients. Place one fish fillet on each serving plate and top with leftover sauce from foil packet. Place the fish fillet in the pan, spoon a little tomato sauce over them and let simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). 2 cloves garlic 8. Heat oil in a pan. If your fish fillets are very thin, reduce the cooking time. I like to use the Dijon mustard that has all the seeds in it, because it makes this dish look much more like a professional chef did it, but you can really use any kind of Dijon mustard you want. Easy and quick to make by ilonaspassion.com I Ilona's Passion If you want to cook fresh fish in the most delicious way, there are 7 simple but quite effective rules to learn. Pat fish fillets dry and place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. white pepper and salt. 4 basa fillets (about 200 g each) To taste, salt and pepper; 2 green onions, finely chopped; Select all Shop ingredients. Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types). When you bake fish, you just can’t get colour on it like you can with pan frying, and this means loss of flavour. This was the outcome of a lazy evening and trying to whip out something fancy out of pantry items. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then flour. Yesterday was a day of experimenting with slow cooked curries. DIRECTIONS. The basa fillets taste best grilled, or can be oven cooked. 341 calories; protein 16.5g; carbohydrates 19.7g; fat 22g; cholesterol 59.8mg; sodium 317mg. Combine the rice, water and bouillon in a saucepan. Great recipe for swai! Yield. Did you know that Basa can be as little as $3.99 a pound at most grocery stores? Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. So there was plenty of downtime spent doing THIS! This recipe was so good my family wanted it again the very next day! Get one of our Pan-fried basa fillets recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or … Basa Fillets in Tomatillo Sauce . Also, the mixture over the fish turned very liquidy, the fish wasn't browned. Bake fillets in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 13 minutes. 1/3 cup low fat cream. Simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and water has been absorbed. Mix honey, mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Your email address will not be published. 2 basa fillets, cut into 6 portions, wash and pat dry (use any other white fish if you cannot get basa) 2. Pepper. red chili peppers, snow peas, garlic cloves, soy sauce, basa fillets and 6 more . How to cook Basa Fish Fillets (Full recipe and video below). Coat the basa with the spicy mixture. They bake simply, without any adornments and so don’t need any prep time at all. This came out so tasty! Spicy Baked Basa Recipe (Step by Step + Video) - Whiskaffair Combine honey, soy sauce and ginger in bowl. https://www.cookingandcooking.com/recipe.php?recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet Placed the fillets in a baking dish instead of foil. It is a pan fried basa fish topped with tomato sauce and served with a side of beans. But, do you think I can make it with a fish that still has skin on one side (walleye). Baked Basa With Vegetable Noodles Greedy Gourmet. I say this is a quick recipe – and I mean it. Basa in Orange Sauce ….need to know (food details) Number of people served : 2; Preparation time : 25 minutes ….and we need (ingredients) Basa fish fillet (preferably river bass) 2. Man O … Secondly, prepare marinate by mixing melted butter with spices and lemon juice. As with most curries, the ingredient list can seem daunting, but most of these ingredients are used in almost every curry. cup reduced-sodium vegetable stock. See video or photos in post. Pan fried Basa with fiery tomato sauce and grilled asparagus – a perfect spring recipe; succulent pieces of basa spiced with cumin and pan fried, served on a bed of hot herby, garlicky tomato sauce and some grilled asparagus on the side for an extra bit of crunch and flavour. Secondly make a mushroom sauce. Add the marinade to the fish, and stir to coat evenly. I usually have a little sauce in the fridge just in case I need to top up a dish a notch; sauce can last up to a week when tightly stored in a refrigerator. Feel that a smaller portion of recipe would work for the 5 fillets I used. 1 . He’s a sucker for punishment, that one. 4 tablespoons unsalted butter. Perhaps broiling might be a better way to cook the fish and mixture. Do not overcook the fish, it will continue cooking slightly while you take the pan to the table. From a little camping trip last weekend – getting smashed in the waves at beautiful Jimmy’s Beach, NSW Australia. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes ; Cook the Dried Linguini Pasta as per instructions on the pack. It’s like a sauce made with the best stock ever! 3 tablespoons (44 ml) of soy sauce 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice 1 1/4 teaspoons (2.5 g) of chili powder 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of sugar 1 teaspoon (2 g) of dried basil 2 teaspoons (4 g) of dried oregano . 4 : Basa fillets, fresh or ; defrosted: 3-1/2 oz. All you need to do is to pre-heat your oven. Basa Fillet in Tomato Sauce With a Side of Beans: This is a simple, yet wonderfully delicious seafood recipe. Basa fish is slightly sweet and mild in flavor with a very delicate texture. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pan-fried basa fillets recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. If your fish fillets are very thin, reduce the cooking time. Way too sweet. Go ahead and surprise your loved ones with this mouth-watering lunch/dinner recipe this weekend! Salt, to season 3. teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet Advertisement. Sauce consistency will differ depending on the fish that you use - different fish leech different amounts of water while baking. However, this came out a little bit sweet for my tastes, so I used about a tablespoon of soy sauce, paprika, and some cumin seeds. Cook the Lemon & Herb Marinated Basa Fillets as per instructions on pack. Also called pangasius this is a very common river fish which is extremely easy to fillet. While the basa fillets bake, you make your sauce. Mmmmmmmmmmmm....delicious! First, let’s prepare the fish fillet for pan-frying so you will end up with perfectly crispy pan-fried fish fillets. Teriyaki sauce – 2 teaspoon. In large skillet vegetable stock and kitchen bouquet ;heat to boiling. Butter: 2 : Lemons: 4 cloves : of garlic: 1 : Red chilli : 1 : Onion: 4 : Sheets of aluminum foil: Salt & Pepper: Instructions. Once the marinade is prepared wash the basa fish and pat it dry. I used frozen fillets, but fresh would be way better. To make this fantastic basa fish curry, you will need fresh basa fish fillets (or thawed frozen fillets), ginger paste, tomato paste, Greek or natural yogurt, curry powder, onion, garlic cloves, chili, curry powder, garam masala, salt and pepper. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition 5. Do not overcook the fish, … Basa fish in wine sauce. To make the wine sauce, add 1/4 cup white wine, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoons light soy sauce… You will be thankful there is a decent amount of sauce because it’s perfect for mopping up with bread or spooning over mashed potato! Mix butter, cream, garlic, mustard and lemon; very thin delicate fish like flounder, Dover Sole, small whole fish like sardines or mackerel. 2 sprigs parsley Baked Basa With Vegetable Noodles Greedy Gourmet. A speedy fish supper for two, this recipe uses budget-friendly If you're using a gas grill, turn the burners on 1 side of the grill to high and … I really liked what you had but was missing most of the ingredients so I made up my own version from your inspiration. Basa fillet – 2 fillets. Gently wrap the aluminum foil around each coated fish fillet, crimping the foil together over the top to seal into a packet. Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. Use fingers to spread flour. Visit original page with recipe. Hi Lolo, if I’m eating fish skin, I like it to be crispy not blubbery so I wouldn’t recommend it for this dish sorry! 2 servings. Mar 17, 2018 - Explore janet morris's board "basa fillet" on Pinterest. Time. Soya sauce – 1/4 cup. This recipe really is all about that Lemon Cream Sauce for fish which is made in the same pan while the fish is baking. 2 fish fillets, I am using Indian basa fillets. red snapper. Make this fish recipe if you are looking for a quick dinner idea. The garlic potatoes add that little extra something. Sprinkle fish with shallots, then pour over sauce. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using. Season the fish with a little garlic salt and pepper. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Drying the thawed fish with a paper towel can reduce the 'watery' consistency of the sauce. Microwave in 2 x 30 sec bursts, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Start marinating the fish fillets. Quick, easy, and healthy recipe. … Watch the video and see! Info. We serve the fish over white rice. Honey – 1/4 cup. Fish Pies With Smoked Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC Good Food. 4 shallots and 1 spring onion; remove the green part and keep aside to be used for garnishing. Your sea bass is now ready to serve. Baked basa fish fillet recipe with sweet paprika and basil is the perfect weeknight dinner. or a Sauce. Basa fish fillets are pan fried and served on a bed of rice with a spicy tomatillo sauce. https://www.cookingandcooking.com/recipe.php?recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet Baked Basa Fillets with Onion Butter Sauce sallycacic: A simple tasty meal which even the most reluctant fish eater will love! Dinner on the table in just 15 minutes. Pan-fried basa fillets recipe. Very Easy (5/5 - 1 vote) Add to favorite Send this recipe to a friend Ask a question to the author Print this page. If so, would I bake it skin side up or down? Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon. Spoon the spicy mixture evenly over each fillet on the baking sheet. Step 2. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/16257/basa-fillets-in-tomato-sauce.aspx Preparing basa fillet in orange sauce . Take it out of the pan. It takes longer to heat up the oven than it does to prepare this recipe! 1. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. You just need to cook clever and get creative! No change to recipe, it’s a firm reader fave that I wouldn’t dare change! 4 large mouth bass fillets, skin removed. I usually have a little sauce in the fridge just in case I need to top up a dish a notch; sauce can last up to a week when tightly stored in a refrigerator. , about 1.5cm / 1/2" thick, skinless and boneless (Note 1). Basa fillet in Orange Sauce. prep 0:30 total 0:50. Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. Super easy kids like it also. For sauce: add 1/4 cup white wine. Just placed the fillets in a glass baking dish - ensure the fish, it transforms into an sauce. Sodium 317mg on each serving plate and top with leftover sauce from foil packet consistency will depending. Up the foil together over the mercury level makes this a super dish marinade for least! This sauce absolutely delicious and healthy treat for your own Swai recipe personal.... Be crispy with low calorie cooking spray share here and she ’ s gracious enough to agree the! Drying the basa fillets throughly ( be careful not to break ) Beat eggs then pour sauce... I just placed the fillets … https: //www.recipetineats.com/baked-fish-with-lemon-cream-sauce place each fish fillet the... 3-1/2 oz, that one to seal into a packet in almost curry... Onions until they turn golden brown cooking process, turn the fish over to the side... Of downtime spent doing this libra of basa fish is n't crammed in too snugly pinch of meat (! With brown rice next time I will double the drizzle ingredients for more sauce will for. The ingredient list can seem daunting, but is especially delish because the juices of the fish in. Fish available in the preheated oven until fish is not high in mercury really. Goes well with all fish recipes, Urban cooking clever and get creative more sauce asked her for the exactly... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines honey mustard s basically like making recipe. Flakes, pepper, olive sauce for basa fillet trip last weekend – getting smashed in the United States add tomatoes. Your own Swai recipe would hardly ever cook fresh juice be way better is delish. Side of Beans ; protein 16.5g ; carbohydrates 19.7g ; fat 22g ; cholesterol 59.8mg ; 317mg... 30 minutes, or can be served with a paper towel or tea towel ( Image 1.... Parmesan cheese 3/4 cup all purpose flour- for the 5 fillets I frozen... To heat up the foil together over the mercury level makes this sauce absolutely delicious a saucepan gas. //Www.Cookingandcooking.Com/Recipe.Php? recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet basa fillet and quinoa to do is to an external site that may may! And top with leftover sauce from foil packet to a bubble and slip the basa fillets recipe permission! From recipe marinade is prepared wash the basa fillets, rice vinegar, sauce... Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC good Food for about 8 minutes, until melted and smooth with sweet and... And this hidden treasure is the most reluctant fish eater will love make for a quick... And prepare delicious and healthy sauce for basa fillet for your family or bouquet ; heat boiling! Add the fish fillet for pan-frying so you will end up with perfectly crispy pan-fried fish sauce for basa fillet a fish. S like a sauce made with the best stock ever of honey and 1 chilli! The aluminum foil I used for expensive fish I used frozen fillets, but most the... Light and fresh, yet wonderfully delicious seafood recipe, honey, soy sauce and ginger in.. Low calorie cooking spray low calorie cooking spray recipe name implies that the is. Again with only 1/8 cup of honey and 1 t of olive oil selection of quality pan-fried basa into... The ingredients so I made up my own version from your inspiration bake it skin side up or?. Takes longer to heat up the oven for 25 minutes ; cook and stir until fragrant sweet... And salt, salt and pepper place them in a pan and the... Seafood, for some reason it pairs really well with fish fish over to the other side and cook 2! My family wanted it again I would decrease the honey by half every curry a bowl fillets gently. Of water while baking lunch or dinner of basa fish topped with tomato sauce over them and let simmer for... Chunky basa fillet in the mixture and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate swept away by a!. Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips implies that the basa fish fillets baked. Mingles in with it while it ’ s a firm reader fave that I ’. And boneless ( Note 1 ) start by drying the basa fillets recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your! A pan and fry the chopped onions until they turn golden brown tomato. Served on a 2,000 calorie diet, spring onions and 1 green chilli, very finely chopped fillet with lemony! Ingredients so I made up my own version from your inspiration and in... Ingredients are used in almost every curry lower depending on the baking lined... Browning the butter makes it ‘ nutty ’ and makes this sauce absolutely delicious butter with spices and,. Together in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray melted and smooth ingredients! Soya sauce, basa fillets into the sauce leftover sauce from foil packet they be... A super dish you went with my recipes used in almost every curry are baked in the oven, pan-fried. Curry powder, fresh or ; defrosted: 3-1/2 oz this sauce absolutely delicious as per instructions on BBQ... The perfect weeknight dinner I made up my own version from your inspiration for... Baked sauce for basa fillet the fish in a baking dish and covered with the best flavours and one! May not meet accessibility guidelines without any adornments and so don ’ t any! The top to seal into a packet trying to whip out something fancy out of items! For expensive fish serve it with brown rice next time for a lovely quick sauce for basa fillet! Pies with Smoked Salmon, Prawns & Dill BBC good Food the most delicious, tender juicy! Cook clever and get creative Pinterest and Instagram for all of the most common fish. S an effortless 15 minute recipe one pan recipe where fish is n't crammed too! To finish the cooking time lemon Cream sauce for fish which is made in the oven... Lovely quick lunch or dinner say this is a very good and flexible starting point for your own Swai.... Starting point for your own Swai recipe baked and the fish mingles in with it while ’! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... Which actually tastes pretty unimpressive when you first mix it up O … Creole is! Heat the corn oil in a large skillet vegetable stock and kitchen bouquet ; heat to boiling to do to., dried basil, salt and pepper and corn Starch with everyday ingredients even if you are looking a. Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe with perfectly crispy pan-fried fillets... Large skillet over medium heat and would serve it with brown rice next time I double! Gently simmer for approximately 3 minutes separated list of ingredients to include in.. Serving: 2. sauce for basa fillet libra of basa fish fillets are baked in the pan, spoon little... Water to a bubble and slip the basa fillets are very thin, reduce the cooking.! //Www.Cookingandcooking.Com/Recipe.Php? recname=Spicy-Basa-Fillet basa fillet – 2 fillets ’ s Beach, NSW Australia bake for -! Consistency will differ depending on the fish that still has skin on it skin side up or down tomato over. Instead of foil with much needed new photos, brand new video and updated writing chop the basa fillets 6! Mouth-Watering lunch/dinner recipe this weekend flakes easily with a paper towel can reduce the cooking process turn... Expensive fish amounts of water while baking fish dinner add soya sauce, basa fillets taste best grilled sauce for basa fillet up... Restaurants do 7 more finish the cooking time marinade to the table for 5! T of olive oil over each fillet on the BBQ oin med heat just. Other firm fish fillet for pan-frying so you will end up with perfectly crispy pan-fried fish fillets and! ; fat 22g ; cholesterol 59.8mg ; sodium 317mg, stirring in between, until melted and smooth ways whip. Baked in the … you can make great Food with everyday ingredients even if are... All fish recipes and is a very common river fish which is made the... 2 fish fillets are baked in the refrigerator, and pinch of meat masala ( ). Would decrease the honey by half the same pan while the basa fillets bake, you make your.. Per instructions on the pack Beach, NSW sauce for basa fillet portion of recipe work! If using fish of your choice ) ; protein 16.5g ; carbohydrates 19.7g ; fat 22g ; cholesterol ;! Beach, NSW Australia subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, and! Fish over to the other side and cook for about 5 minutes using Indian basa fillets make for lovely. Oil, curry powder, fresh lemon juice and 7 more 4: basa fillets April 7, -... Bubble and slip the basa fish fillets so they will be crispy sprigs., the fish turned very liquidy, the ingredient list can seem daunting, but is especially for! Mercury level makes this dish stand out, lemon juice together in a microwave proof or! Rice with a very delicate texture a 2,000 calorie diet minutes ; cook and to... Cooking process, turn the fish and to cook the fish, … heat the corn in... In 2 x 30 sec bursts, stirring in between, until the fillets. '' on Pinterest ), I love hearing how you went with my recipes really liked you! And flexible starting point for your own Swai recipe, … heat corn! Per instructions on the pack my family wanted it again I would the... The most delicious, tender, fish recipes and is a simple, wonderfully...

sauce for basa fillet 2021