Be careful it works instantly on contact. Very little goes a long way. Wear rubber gloves and don't get on your clothing. Chemical fumes and gases that aren’t noticeable in the proper setup can build to dangerous levels in a small space. Special protective equipment and precautions for firefighters: Promptly isolate the scene by removing all persons from the vicinity of the incident if there is a fire. Outdoors is a great place to etch, weather permitting. Log In Sign Up. If you place a resist, we use plain clear, self adhesive Mylar (or shelf paper) from a hardware store over the … Armour Etch recommends to do this process in temperatures over 70F and to wear gloves and a protective eye shield. This product is made of fluoride salts which are dangerous. Close. Just paint on the cream using a brush and/or stencil. Amour Etch contains ammonium and sodium bifluorides, which are corrosive and dangerous. This is my fourth Armour Etch stencil and I'm looking forward to using this to make gifts for Christmas. Thus, first don that PPE (nitrile gloves and safety goggles) to protect yourself from skin or eye damage. Product arrived on time and as pictured. 3. 0000084931 00000 n Shake the bottle of Armour Etch well; With your paint brush, apply a liberal amount to the inside of your stencil. Remove your contact paper. You should not be able to see the lettering or Monogram on the glass, it should be fully covered. SO DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. I have found that using a sponge brush does the same job as putting it on thick. Some chemicals used in the metal etching process are toxic. Using Armour Etch on glass products allows you to do just that! Tada! The first test I wanted to use it on was on a mirror. Armour Products - Armour Etch Glass Etching Supplies How to Use Armour Etch page. I used it to create two sets of custom anniversary wine glasses for under $10. Since having etch splashed into your eyes is not ideal either, I would recommend protective eyewear. Jan 23, 2017 - Glass etching projects using the Armour Products Etch Bath dipping solution. When it comes to glass etching solutions, Armour Etch is one of the most well known brands. Armour Etch is a fast acting specially formulated glass etching compound that lets you create permanent etched designs on windows, mirrors and household glassware. Create your own custom glass etching stencil or use a pre-cut stencil. Armour Etch Etching Cream 10 oz: Armour Etch cream is designed to be used with glass; New improved formula; Contains 10 oz of cream that can be used on a variety of projects ; Glass etching cream is recommended for adult use only; For household glassware, windows, mirrors and more; Easy to use without experience; Create personalized decorations; Leaves behind a permanent frosted … 0000091797 00000 n The cream can simply be applied to a glass surface and allowed to sit. Never etch in a small enclosed space. Identification Product trade name Product code Material uses: ARMOUR ETCH: 15-0150, 15-0151, 15-0200, 15-0250, 15-0260, 10-0100, 10-0101: Etching and frosting of glass. This exert was taken from Everything Stained Glass and shows that ignorance of this highly dangerous acid is definitely still out there. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If any of the toner from the PNP blue paper is left on your piece, remove that with a paper towel soaked in acetone (or nail polish remover). Armour Etch cream is available at most craft stores or on Amazon for about $20 in a standalone bott… Posted by 5 years ago. 3. ARMOUR ETCH Section 1. Create your own custom glass etching stencil or use a pre made stencil like Over N Over , Rub N Etch or Peel N Etch. Also, wash off prior to removing any tape, vinyl, or stencil. Buy Armour Etch Cream - https://amzn.to/2OfhZBDUse my link and I get a little kick back. Armour Etch is a fast acting specially formulated glass etching compound that lets you create permanent etched designs on windows, mirrors and household glassware. If this comes into contact with this skin, this could create quite a bit of discomfort and burning. Hydrofluoric acid was and still is used to chemically etch glass in a safe industrial environment however it is extremely harmful to humans and animals alike and should certainly not be considered for use at home, although it is still considered by some people wanting to etch glass. I use my stencils many, many times and they have lasted well as long as I remove them slowly and carefully. Use with adequate ventilation, and wear protective gloves. Armour Etch is a fast acting specially formulated glass etching compound that lets you create permanently etched designs on windows, mirrors and household glassware. … Photo by Armour Etch. Apply a thick layer of the Armour Etch cream with a foam brush. Etch Bath Info & Mop Tutorial. Etch Bath Info & Mop Tutorial. Clean with glass cleaner and you’re done! It’s not too expensive and it rarely disappoints. Because Armour Etch is a strong corrosive acid, it is best to protect yourself when handling the solution. or whats the best way to use the armour etch? Here are the basic steps required to etch metal. Protect your eyes with safety glasses, your hands with gloves, and your skin with an apron, long-sleeved shirt and long pants. We don’t use Armour’s Acid Etch Liquid because it is dangerous, but handled properly, does a great job for reverse etching. Once you etch a design, the glass becomes porous and is susceptible to food staining (prime example: spaghetti sauce). SAID Moderator. Easily frost the entire surface of glass pieces. I've seen a number of people asking so I figured I'd … Press J to jump to the feed. Armour Etch is great for so many of my craft projects. Not for use by children. Of course, Armour etch wasn’t in the shop then so a more corrosive and much more dangerous acid was used. I have not experienced any staining on my casserole dishes, but I have always etched on the outside surfaces, so I recommend you do the same. However, an inexpensive cream many folks use is Armour Etch. This unique glass etching system allows anyone to personalize and decorate glass or mirrors in minutes … Shake the etching cream bottle well and then scoop some out with a paintbrush or wooden stick until all of the inside of the stencil is covered.

is armour etch dangerous 2021